Mar 14, 2010

spaghetti sauce -Try #7

Well, I've been making trying to make a homemade spaghetti sauce since I was a kid. I think back then I just used tomato paste, added water and italian seasoning. Since then I've learned a few tricks. Use tomato sauce, if it is a little too sweet add more parsley, if it is a lot more sweet, toss it. Anyway, I was making Indian Curry tonight and I accidentally confused tablespoons for teaspoons for the curry powder, and added three times the amount than I should. So, crying, I had to toss it. So, having very little else, and no canned spaghetti sauce, Sara convinced me to make one from scratch. After 6 failures, I wasn't sure what to do, so I scanned a few recipes, took some hints, and just started tossing stuff. It was good enough that I had to make more noodles just to keep everyone happy. I thought it was good enough I could add it to the blog.

1 lb. ground beef
2 15oz cans tomato sauce
1 T of brown sugar
2 tsp. of dried basil
2 tsp. of dried parsley
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 t. marjoram
4 mushrooms - sliced
1/2 of a large red pepper - roasted
2 T olive oil
1 T red wine vinegar

Brown beef, add all items to sauce, cook for 10-15 minute on medium. ENJOY

1 comment:

  1. Howdy, Maybe sometime try using cans of chopped tomato instead of the sauce. Or even half and half. I've found the flavor to be a little fresher. Also, sometimes I'll add just a little bit of brown sugar to temper the acid in the tomatoes. (Oh, just noticed the brown sugar...never mind.)

    ReplyDelete