Mar 1, 2009

The (Dave) Woods Clan Speghetti sauce

This was a total mistake. I've been working on my ratatouille recipe (its in the oven right now, if it turns out right, I'll post it), and I was expirimenting flavoring some tomato sauce using spiced and some vinegar, when I finished adding a bunch of stuff, I tried it, and it tasted great. Sara tried it too, and said that this would make a great sauce. So here's what I came up with, it still needs some work, and it needs some vegies, but it should still be good.

INGREDIENTS:

16 ounces of tomato sauce (2 8-oz cans)
1/2 teaspoon of basil
1/2 teaspoon of thyme
1/2 teaspoon of rosemary
1 teaspoon of parsley
3 Tablespoons of rice vinegar
1/4 onion, chopped (optional)
1/4 green pepper, chopped (optional)
1 clove of garlic, crushed and minced (optional)

combine ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat to boiling (or when it lightly boils), simmer for around 10 minutes. For a stronger, and thicker sauce, simmer up to 40 minutes.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment